Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm so far behind I don't know if I lost my horse or found a rope...

My appologies for the delay!!
The RHPSI inspection went very very well! Ritchie (LaBamba SE) is officially fully registered Zweibrucker and will be recieving his German registration papers in the spring. For some reason the RHPSI's branding irons were not permitted across the border, customs decided they were "dangerous", so he will be recieving his branding next year.
The trip went quite well. Ritchie rode all the way down to Okotokes like a champ. We stopped for water and fuel in Red Deer and then went right along. Poor fella had to ride alone through Calgary in rush-hour all alone! I was so proud of him.

On arrival at Bri-Mel Farm, Brian (owner) showed us to our grass paddock (lovely!) and gave us the low-down on the detals for the following day's events. Can't say enough good things about Brian and Michelle (and their clients) at Bri-Mel Farm. They were so welcoming, helpful and friendly! I highly recommend them to anyone on the south side of Calgary.
The inspection went quite well. Ritchie was the only yearling there, the rest were broodmares with foals at their side. Some LOVELY foals there. Ritchie recieved very good comments from the inspector Otto. I am so proud of him!!!



On our way home we stopped in Ponoka to pick up an old friend of mine. My old FEI Anglo-Arab gelding Celebrity Ruler (Buck) was given back to me by the lady I'd sold him to years ago. She and her family were moving to a small property that was not set up for horses. Buck is 22 years young this year so she was concerned primarily for a good home for him. I'm so glad to have him back. He's fat and happy and has gone for a couple of nice rides with me since coming home (yep, even sidesaddle!)

All in all it's been a great month - a wonderful end to the summer.  I hope it keeps going like this!!

Since Ritchie has to be branded next year (back to the inspection we go) we are looking at having an inspection/branding in the NORTHERN part of Alberta.  The RHPSI is all for adding another date to their inspection tour for us, all we need is a minimum of 10 horses to inspect.  If you are interested in having your horses inspected, registered and branded with a German Verband, please contact me at shimmere@live.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment