Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oooo faux-pas!!

I like blogs.  I'm not very good at it, but I sure enjoy other people's.  I have a couple of very good friends who do blogs here on blogspot.com, and some I've never met but sure enjoy the read.  Then there's the big one, fuglyblog!  It's recently gone through 3 sets of hands and all have been unique in style and opinion.  The ladies who currently have it are doing a great job and I can relate to their point of view much better as they have H/J and dressage background.  Today's topic: Confirmation messes in WARMBLOODS!  (dun dun duuuun!)  And not only are they picking on (and apart) WARMBLOODS, specifically American and CANADIAN WARMBLOODS!!! 

Now, I had researched warmblood registries quite a bit before I took Ritchie out and had him inspected and registered with a specific verband.  I had thought long and hard about simply going Canadian Warmblood with him, but something in the back of my head kept saying "look elsewhere" and I'm really glad I did.  Now, I have a LOT of respect for Chris Gould and the other executives who have worked tirelessly to make the CWB grow and flourish but my feeling is also that they let a bunch of junk in that really won't "benefit the breed".  That's just my opinion.  There is also quite a feel of Eliteism that seems to follow the CWB (again, my opinion).  I had decided finally to go with the Rheinland Pfalz Saar International (Zweibrucker) for my own animals.  They are under direct management of their parent organization the PRPS in Germany.  My horse is inspected by the same inspector as in Germany, and is branded, as in Germany, and has German registration papers.  Since things from Germany seem, for some reason, to have better international standing in the dressage/equine sport world, that's what I wanted to do for my horses.  And not just for the German line, but the organization has always made me feel like a welcome member, even just being on the ground level.  No question was silly, they have time to answer my questions and explain how things work and, most importantly, they really like my colt!  They also offer annual tours for members to go to Germany to be a part of the German stallion inspection and gala evening with auction.  Imagine that, offering to give a chance for your members to be further EDUCATED!  For me, I really think it was the best choice.  And following that, I will get back to my origional point. 

In my own opinion, a lot of CWB horses that have been turned out are CRAP.  It talked a lot about T-bred influince on fuglyblog's post today, but I won't agree with that totally.  I've seen some lovely T-bred mares, likewise I've seen some FANTASTIC Standardbred mares (but Standardbred mares are poo-pooed by the CWB - although not by the RPSI!) but truly you need a balance of nice horses on both sides to produce more nice and nicer horses!  Blood lines alone just don't do it!  

Fuglyblog today got really close to home.  They posted pictures of a couple of local horses, one of whom I believe to be bred by one of the CWB executives, a prize horse.  The girls called a spade a spade and I do applaude them!  I never understood how people could have a whole field of 2 or 3 year old colts and point to any one of those NOT halter-broke, nearly untouchable horses and tell you no less than $15,000!  I don't care who its parents are, or what it COULD do, I buy a horse on what it looks like and what it CAN do right now.  If I can't walk up and put a halter on it, it's worth as much as what old Ives at the auction mart will pick it up for.   

Anyways, that just me and my opinions...  Have a great new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment