Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Current events... ooo big ol' nuthin!

My goodness, who's a bogging slacker?!  That would be me! 
Haven't had anything exciting to blog about for a bit though.  Life has been rolling along nicely.  I'd had the pleasure of again judging the Funducational dressage schooling show at Maple Leaf Meadows, along with the lovely Cathy MacIntyre (She's such a hoot!)  There are some LOVELY up and coming youngsters out there.  What a treat to have them in my ring.  It especially makes me happy when their owners tell me they want to compete in DRESSAGE with them (as opposed to JUMPING gak!) 
After talking with a couple of staff at MLM, I've offered to take old Mr. Bucky over for a while to try out as a lesson horse.  Might give him something more to do than sit around at home being board... He can teach kids how to ride tempis!

Still don't have a foal on the ground :(  Nix is holding onto hers, although she isn't quite due yet.  Next week.  She's very soft around the tail, she's bagging up now, but will NOT keep a tail wrap on! 
I had put her and Flo into the foaling pens, get them settled and comfee before foaling time.  Flo went right to the fence where Northstar was and lifted her tail and peed.  She did that for 3 days!!! >:(  No baby for her.  So we're waiting on one.  Will it be the sabino buckskin?  Could happen!  I'm guessing it will be a bay sabino colt.  As long as it's happy and healthy, it doesn't matter what it is though. 

I get to go pick up Ritchie from the trainer's this weekend.  I'm excited to see my baby boy again.  When he comes home, we'll talk about breeding two of our mares at home (one an arab and the other warmblood) and we're looking forward to having some special guests come to look at him too!  I really like to get feedback regarding my horses from good friends and people I really respect in the horse industry. And I like to visit. 
Hopefully the next post will be more interesting!  That's all I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment