Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A First in a Long Time

I love dressage.  I love showing.  I love having a good horse I can go down centreline with and smile and have a good ride on. 

For the last nearly 2 years, I haven't had that. Last time was the Killerney Canada Day Show with my Sam riding 3rd level!

On May 5, I got to trot down centreline for the first time in nearly 2 years.  Although the day's tests consisted only of Training and First level tests on the Old Man and Norton's very first tests ever, it sure felt good to head down there again!

I was so impressed with Old Mr. Buck.  23 years old and he was convinced he was a youngster!  He was so alert and wanted to go go go!  It was the first time in about 7 years that he had shown.  He was no stranger to the dressage arena, having shown up to 4th level and training Intermediare with me in a prior lifetime.  He still pulled out scores in the 60's for his tests!  Sure his canter was stiff, but he gave me 5 x 2-tempis in the warmup the night before!!!  heheh what a good kid!

Norton was not overly confident in the ring for his first test.  He wasn't interested in really riding into corners or softening and swinging.  That's ok, we have to start somewhere.  His second test was better.  We did get into most of the corners and had some moments of relaxation.  The judge had some good comments for us as well.  She liked him, thinks he'll make a lovely dressage pony in the future too.  <3

Another first in a long time was being in front of the event photographer's camera lense!!  One of my favorite faces to see at a show, Linda Finstad of A Sharper Image Photography was in attendance with her camera.  She did up an edit on facebook just for me! 
Happy to be back!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment