Friday, September 2, 2011

I like the country

I've decided, now that I've gone back to regular work in the city, that I really like being out in the country.  Our farm is 52 acres of mostly field, paddocks and ponies <3.  We do have neighbours but they're just far enough away that my husband and his friends can go out and play with their firearms without worry.  It's been very convenient for desensitizing the horses, just wish I'd get desensitized to it too!

I do like living out in the country, the quiet, the freedom, the space, but don't get me wrong, I DESPISE country music and the only place a cowboy hat belongs is in a western class at a horse show or nailed onto my tack room wall.  Yeah, I'll put them there if they show up at home.  One of my most detested things in the world is cowboys.  Now, that is NOT to say I have the same disgust for farm boys.  Growing up they were lots of fun, have much respect for them cause at least they KNOW how to ride a horse and which way a saddle goes on and didn't run away from hard work like throwing and stacking bales.  Cowboys are just in it for the look, the trucks and the sterios.  Not sure how that goes along with the real thing, but alas, I digress....

Welcome to the long weekend!  I will be working, I guess there is truly no rest for the wicked haha. 

I'm hoping to get out into the city to check out some suiting material, hoping to get a new sidesaddle habit built.  A real victorian/gothic one.  Wanting a nice pearl grey colour, heavy enough for the apron that it will hang really well without rows and rows of drapery cord in the hem.  But the other part of that is the jacket's going to be ungodly heavy at the same time.... Ah, just can't win! 

Hope you have a great long weekend!
Ramen!

No comments:

Post a Comment