Friday, September 16, 2011

Getting Anxious!

I like to be an organized person and it does kind of drive me crazy when obligations in life get in the way of my accomplishing said organization, ESPECIALLY when something very important is coming up.  This time specifically it's my "normal person" work schedule getting in the way of packing up and practising sufficiently for the RPSI inspection in Okotokes on Tuesday. 

I hope tomorrow morning I will get some time in to get everything packed that I need.  Thank goodness it's just one young horse and he's only being inspected in hand.  I have his special leather halter, new cotton lead, slinky and over-night sheet packed but I haven't gotten his braiding supplies or bathing/grooming supplies packed and I haven't reclipped his bridle path yet either!  Feel like such a slacker.  Oh and FEED!!  The "little" fella likes to eat.  He's only 15.2 hh at 15 months old...

Once I have him packed, then I get to turn my attentions to his handler (yours truly) and the little missus!!  My mom and daughter, Al, will be joining me on this adventure and I am glad for the company.  Al is 2.5 years old now and we're working on potty training (and doing very well I might add!)  But it's kind of nerve wracking having to remember not only for the horse and myself, but for a potty training 2 year old as well! 

The RPSI (Rheinland Pfal Saar International) is a German-based international warmblood registration that's touring north america doing inspections. They are coming to Okotokes and that's where we're meeting up with them.  Ritchie (LaBamba SE) will be inspected, registered and FULLY BRANDED!!  I am really excited about this.  If you haven't checked out my website to find out who Ritchie is, he's by international Grand Prix dressage stallion Lacado, who is a sire-side half-brother to Flemmingh, Krack-C's sire.  Lacado is a beautiful expressive Holsteiner I fell in LOVE with online.  I hope to one day meet him in person. 
Ritchie is out of my favourite broodmare, 16.1 hh Canadian Warmblood Fronta De Line (Frontenac x C U Soon).  Frontenac (Westphalen) was a successful FEI mount with is partner Pat Oxby until his very untimely passing from a fractured pelvis.  He certainly stamped his offspring with an expressive trot and cadence.  Breeding these two horses together has provided me with my dream baby who I aspire to train and compete to Grand Prix dressage.  Since we're a little off the wall out here, he will also show sidesaddle (one of my passions) and will learn some tricks as well.  The plan is to keep him a stallion, but the final say will be his. 

No comments:

Post a Comment