Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What's Cookin'?

I guess we haven't really talked about what's in the oven for 2015 foals yet, have we?  Well, I'm expecting 3 foals from my very special mares next year from Ritchie. 

The first bred is my incredible Standardbred mare, Promise.  I had bred her in 2013 and did not have a foal from her this year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll have something for me in the spring. I love this mare because I love Standardbreds but her specifically even more for a few reasons.  Firstly, she's such quality.  She's beautiful, much like a tall Morgan, over 16.1 hh, patient, so well put together with a huge trot (obviously) she's sosensible and she's from the same stud as my boy Jose Jalapeno.  Having a foal from her is like bringing together both Ritchie and Jose and my lost heart horse Sam all in one. I'm not going to let this foal go easily.
  
 
 
 



Second, I bred our big buckskin QH mare.  Yes, unconventional, but she's produced consistent quality to Arab studs and I think what we're going to have out of this one is a substantial powerhouse of a sweet, kind and level-headed eye catcher.  Something that would look a lot like an Irish Draught.  Nix has produced me two fantastic half-Arab offspring, both buckskins out of Bay (or grey born bay) stallions.  Tex has proven to be a bit of a late bloomer, but at 4 years old, she's certainly coming into her own now.  Unfortunately we'll never know what incredible things Monty would have gone onto. 
Pyrotecnix SE at 4 years
Monty at 2 months























Lastly, I'm expecting our first warmblood x warmblood!  Yes, I did something traditional too!  My Gervantus x Tango Selune mare Lilyana should be producing us her first foal.  Lana is a substantial mare, loves attention, with big jumper lines.  Obviously that foal is going to need to find a home with someone who likes air time!  It's a different sort of Grand Prix!


If you're interested in reserving one of these foals in utero, please feel free to contact me to set up ultrasound and details.  All foals will be registered with the RPSI.  shimmere@live.ca

Happy Horseing!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment