Friday, April 11, 2014

A New Hole in My Head!

But sometimes the universe just tells you something needs to happen and so you throw your hands up, thank your lucky stars your family is so supportive and head off to Grand Prairie to pick up a colt and bring him home. 

Yep, we have a new addition.  Right now we will call him "Eddie" and see if something more permanent sticks.  Eddie came with the name "Sam" but I'm afraid I've already had one heart horse with that name, so it's effectively retired.  "Eddie" came from Pomeroy Arabians, what an INCREDIBLE facility.  It was a true pleasure to be out there. 

I got a call from the beautiful and very kind Jill Jardie about this colt being available to a good home.  He's sound, bred to the nines (seriously, OMG) and all sorts of eye catching.  He just hasn't been worked with and no one has the time to commit to him.  He just needs his own person.  I agreed to bring him home, for whatever purpose, and see what life would have in store for him.  When I met him, the strangest thing happened.  I really felt CHOSEN by this little fella.  I walked into his stall, he looked at me with both eyes and both ears and within 5 minutes, I had his face in my chest and we were hugging.  If I'm outside now, he watches me.  Not with suspicion, but with curiosity. 

I had taken Jose up with me as I knew he would be a very reliable and trustworthy travel buddy for the little fella to bond with.  By doing that, I was able to teach a mini trick clinic/demo with him to 5 wonderful people and their group of supporters.  The team at the Pomeroy barn is just wonderful.  Such an inviting and welcoming feeling. 

We made it home without incident, unloaded and fed up the fellas.  Today is farrier day but we will let the new guy settle in a few weeks before we talk about farrier work.  He'd never left the property before, this is a big deal for him.  Just lots of snuggles and being around him for now. 

Anyways, I am looking for any name suggestions as I will get to register him myself.  He is purebred Arab out of Insinuating HJE (Ffamess x Psyches Seduction and by Jiuliusz De Wiec (Debowiec x Jiullya el Jamaal).

Happy Horseing!

No comments:

Post a Comment