Friday, November 23, 2012

The Incredible Lessons Learned

I got the opportunity to go home. 

Now, if you're from somewhere that you loved, that left a special place in your heart, you'll totally identify with this.  My home was Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.  I grew up with the local riding club as my playground.  The people there taught me valuable life lessons and gave so much of their time and knowlege to me freely.  I have never forgotten and have always wanted to give back in some way. 

Well, I got a chance to go and do an equine first-aid certification clinic there last weekend.  Super exciting!  I decided to leave a donation to the local 4H club.  I didn't ever get to be in 4H, but I really support the program for kids and families regardless. 

I invite the local newspaper to come out and cover my clinic and the donation I made.  Here's what they printed: http://www.paherald.sk.ca/Local/News/2012-11-19/article-3123193/Former-P.A.-resident-holds-equine-first-aid-course/1

I'm very pleased with the way the article turned out.  He spent about 2.5 hours with us out there, must have taken a few hundred pictures.  The group was fantastic and it was very heart warming, the whole experience.  I would love to go back again!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans who celebrate today.  I know I'm thankful for every opportunity and kind person who has come into my life.  I'm also thankful for the unkind and unpleasant because I have been able to learn lessons and take away life experience from then also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment