Friday, November 25, 2011

Impending Move...

When I married my husband, I naievely thought we'd live on the farm in Alberta forever, maybe a 1-year hiatus at some point.  Well, silly Amanda, that is goin gto change next year!

We are expecting to be transferred to another base in 2012.  Possibilities are Suffield, Wainwright (neither is too bad as we'll still be in Alberta) but there is another possibility - Gagetown, NB!  Yep, all the way across this biddy country to a place I've never laid eyes on (except on a map).  I guess there's no time like the present for an adventure!

Orders should come down between February and May to tell us where we're going and when we're going to be there.  We shouldn't be leaving until summer sometime. 

AMANDA, AMANDA WHAT ABOUT THE HORSES?!?!  Yeah, I've been mulling that one over myself.  Well, come spring BG Khorina will brush up on her tricks and go back on the market and her full sister AK Sheeba will go and have a date with the Exotic ES California Dreamin and then be offered for sale in foal.  Depending on how far we go, we will take Buck, maybe Norton and I think Ritchie for sure.  If we're going all the way across the country, the only horse I'll take is Ritchie but I'm going to need to locate a good barn who is willing to take a young stallion where I can afford him to be and also allow him to have a life! 

That also means that I'm going to be downsizing the tack room come spring too!

Anyways, in the mean time, this is what Norton and I have been doing:

No comments:

Post a Comment